Sunday, October 22, 2006

Taj Mahal


The Taj Mahal really is the most amazing building I've ever been in. It just feels really crazy to be in it, no picture can come close to capturing its beauty, but I think this one comes close. We got to Agra (home of the Taj) by train. It was my first train in India and it was awesome. Really cheap and actually pretty comfortable. We rode in sleaper class which means there are three bunks on top of each other to lie on. Chai wallas come around and so do venders selling everything from sandwiches to small toys. I picked up a rubik's cube and so far it's offered hours of entertainment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jesse,

It looks like you're having an amazing time! I've always wanted to visit the Taj Majal. Its sheer size/height reminds me of the feelings I experienced when I visited St. Peter's Basilica at Vatican City. You've been to both so it would make an interesting comparison for sure.

Have fun and be well! Kent